Pages

26 November 2010

Ode to the Tea


Oh, Tea. I love you. When my toes are seriously cold from wearing open shoes in -2 degrees weather, and my bones feel all icey and my lungs may have turned blue... Just when the train stops at each station declaring signal failures all up the line - you pop into my mind. I think of you when I'm exhausted from running like a loon to get to work on time, my nose is all sniffy and my ears are turning pink. I've forgotten my breakfast - no Muller Rice to fill my tum. *sigh*  I've flopped onto my desk with my coat still on, also gloves, scarf and hat. I look like an eskimo, a snowman, or such. Shuffle to the kitchen and pick my favourite mug - two spoons of sugar, teabag - stir - then milk. Just one little sip and im toasty right through. Dear Tea, there is quite possibly nothing, nothing in my world which makes me quite as happy as you.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post - and I completely agree - I simply cannot start the day without a cup of tea, and whenever I feel down, a cup of tea always makes it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sharon - I can't imagine doing ANYTHING before a cuppa. Divine. Fab post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls...! I'm off to make another!

    ReplyDelete